Translate

Friday, August 2, 2013

Blueberry,Spinach and Mango Smoothie

I have been wanting to make a green smoothie for a long, long time.  I just never got around to it.  Today in the middle of my cooking and my Shabbat preparations, I decided that the time had come.  I was hungry and the spinach was starting to look a little sad.  So I put all the ingredients in a blender and voila...nothing!  The blender was broken, again!  It's still on warranty and I can't tell you how many times that we've brought it in. Ironically, I never use it...my kids do.  But never fear, stick blender was here, and I managed to make a delicious smoothie and splatter purple all over my kitchen cupboards, counters, appliances, etc.  My two vegetarians tried it but were not so keen on drinking spinach.  So I finished up two large glasses on my own...yum!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients

2 cups baby spinach
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 mango
1 cup water
honey, to taste ( I used two teaspoons)

Instructions

Blend all ingredients together and pour into tall glasses.

Makes two very full glasses

Some of the goodies

No comments:

Post a Comment