Translate

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Baked Tuna-Potato Patties for Pesach and All Year Round

Hi All. I'm on a roll here with three posts in a little over a week. I can hear the applause and feel that back patting! I am now in my mode of operation that I call creative procrastination. It basically means that I do lots of productive things but not necessarily those on the top of my priority list. This translates to cooking and blogging instead of Pesach cleaning.

 Next Monday night we are throwing a Sheva Brachot  with four other families and one of the dishes I need to prepare is

Tuna Patties. This recipe is based on a recipe that I got from my neighbor Judy but I have adapted it slightly.  I hadn't made these in ages as maybe two family members would eat them and because as the original recipe called for frying which I try to avoid. Well, lately I have been baking more and more "frying" recipes with amazing results including this one. So without any further ado (Drum Roll) the recipe!



Ingredients

2 cans of tuna, drained
2 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed
1 medium onion, chopped and sauteed in canola or olive oil
2 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
Additional oil or cooking spray

Directions

Mix all of the ingredients together until well blended.
Grease or spray baking sheet or pan
Form into small patties and place on pan
Bake on 225 C (450 F) for 15-20 minutes.
If necessary, flip and bake approximately 5-10 mins more.

Betavon! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment