Translate

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Whole Wheat Beer Bread: Chametzfest Link Up

I don't know about you, but I am feeling lazy.  I want a break from cooking. Pesach/Passover has worn me out. So many holiday and Shabbat meals, so many guests, so much fun (and work) and so much yummy food. To sum up the recent cooking and eating period, I will quote a loosely translated Hebrew expression: it was good and it's good that it's over (Zeh Haya Tov V'Tov Shehaya).

In the above spirit of cooking burnout inspired laziness, there was no way that I was baking Challah today so I opted for the easier option of baking beer bread.  This choice of bread baking is also the perfect selection for this week's Kosher Connection Link Up/Chametzfest. You can't get more Chametz than beer and bread and beer bread definitely trumps it all. 

The Recipe

Ingredients

3 cups whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp demerara or other natural cane sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt 
12 ounces (300-330 ml) beer

Directions

Mix dry ingredients
Add beer and mix with wooden spoon until a dough is formed
Pour dough into greased loaf pan and bake 50-60 mins.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment